The Yokogawa AQ1210 series OTDR is designed to empower field technicians to make fast and precise measurements with confidence. The AQ1210 OTDR delivers high reliability with its robust design for operating under harsh field conditions. Engineered with innovative technology, the AQ1210 features dual operation mode by multi-touch touchscreen and hard-key buttons as well as fully automatic measurement and easy-to-read analysis reports through new software applications. In addition, the AQ1210 enhances productivity and operability with its lightning startup time, multi-tasking operation, and immediate reporting via wireless connectivity.
- Tap, swipe, pinch or press. Choose between the high resolution 5.7-inch multi-touch capacitive touchscreen or the robust hard-key buttons in any combination desired.
- OTDR operations have never been easier!
Long battery operation time
- No worrying about running out of battery power during your daily work.
- The AQ1210’s high capacity Li-Ion polymer battery will last for 10 hours under the Telcordia standard conditions.
- From completely OFF to measurement ready in under 10 seconds!
High-speed, high-performance real-time measurement
When detecting/identifying the position of a fiber end point or bend of an installed optical fiber network, a user, according to the operating environment, can choose among the two modes: the high-speed mode with less measuring time and the high accuracy mode that is capable of reproducing a high-quality trace.
Measurement conditions of up to 2000 cores are managed in a table, allowing efficient measurement of multi-fibers.
For each core number, OTDR measurement, loss measurement and fiber core surface image can be saved.
Cores that have been measured are highlighted in color and saved data can be shown in the preview window by selecting the core number in the table. This prevents unintended omission in core measurements and reduces your working time at a site.
OTDR view mode
The OTDR view can be switched between the trace and the map by simply tapping the icon. The trace is a traditional view with an OTDR trace and event markers, and the map is an icon-based view for easy interpretation of network events, which is also used for the Smart mapper function.
Use the light source and optical power meter to measure optical loss.
High power measurement
- The high power optical power meter (/HPM option) can measure the high optical power up to +27 dBm. It allows to measure video services and long distance transmission lines where an optical amplifier is used to boost the optical signal power.
Auto loss test function
- The AQ1210 can transmit the wavelength information of light source to the other AQ1210 placed at the other end to set the same wavelength for the optical power meter, and they are capable of switching the wavelengths automatically; therefore, the loss measurements can always be performed at right wavelengths.
Multi-fiber loss test
The Multi-fiber loss test function incorporates two AQ1210s as master and slave through the communication fiber in the cable under test. They share a test project information including fiber numbers to be tested and measurement conditions, so that you can ensure the measurement is performed properly for each fiber of the cable under test.
PON power measurement
The PON power meter can measure the optical power both at 1490 nm and at 1550 nm simultaneously by separating those wavelengths. It is a suitable tool for measuring the optical power of OLT and V-OLT.